It's really easy to use Home Choice Lincs. You can follow our step by step guide below whether you're a first time user or someone who needs a reminder about how it all works.
Step 1 - Registration
You will be able to apply for properties through Home Choice Lincs if:
- You are a new applicant and you have already registered on the housing register, or:
- You are an existing tenant of one of our partner Housing Associations and have registered for a transfer.
Either at the start of the scheme or when you are accepted on to the housing register we will write to tell you:
- Your housing application number,
- The band your application has been placed in and your priority date,
- The number of bedrooms you are entitled to.
You must tell us if there are any changes in your circumstances so that we can reassess your application and if necessary make changes to your band and priority date.
You will only be eligible for properties that are suitable for the size of your family. The following table tells you how we normally decide on the number of bedrooms that you are eligible for:
|Number of Bedrooms|
|Cohabiting or married couple without children|
|Pregnant Woman 20 weeks or more pregnant (with or without partner) with no other children|
|Parent (s) with one child|
|Parent (s) with one girl and one boy both under 10 years|
|Parent (s) with two same sex children under 16 years|
|Single person or couple with one girl and one boy where the oldest child is age 10 years or over|
|Single person or couple with two same sex children where the oldest child is age 16 years or over|
|Single person or couple with three or four children *|
|Single person or couple with five or more children *|
* The maximum number of bedrooms will follow the rule for age and sex separation given for families with two children. Non-dependent children over 16, cousins, grandchildren and other relatives will normally be assessed using the same rules.