Help to Buy
There are low cost home ownership properties in North & North East Lincolnshire which are
available through the 'Help to Buy' scheme.
Help to Buy schemes are open to households which earn between £12,500 and
£60,000 a year. A household is the people who are buying the home. For example,
a household might be:
- you alone,
- you and your partner,
- you and a friend.
Help to Buy schemes are open to:
- first-time buyers (you are a first-time buyer if you haven't owned a home before),
- people who rent council or housing association properties.
You can sometimes get help from the Help to Buy scheme if you used to own a home but:
- you can't afford to buy a home now or have come out of a relationship,
- you no longer have a share of the family home.
The different types of low cost home ownership schemes are:
- Shared Ownership,
- Shared ownership for older people,
- HOLD scheme for people with disabilities,
- Rent to Buy,
- Equity Loans,
- Mortgage Guarantee (from 1st January 2014),
- Indemnity mortgage scheme,
- Right To Acquire/Right to Buy,
- Armed Forces home ownership scheme.