Welcome to Homechoicelincs, Northern Lincolnshire's way of allocating housing association properties for rent and shared ownership properties for sale.

Who can use the service?

Anyone who has been accepted onto the Home Choice Lincs Housing Register is able to use the service. To apply to join the Housing Register you must be age 16 or over.

You will need to complete an online application form, via this website. The application form enables you to apply for a Housing Association rented home.

Along with your application form you will be asked to provide the following documents when you are successful in bidding for a property:

  • Proof of identity for all household members (e.g. passports, birth certificates)

  • Proof of current address (e.g. recent gas or electricity bill)

  • Evidence of your right to reside in the UK if you are not a British Citizen
    (e.g. passport and other relevant documents from the Home Office)

Before you are offered a property you may be asked to provide further documents to support your application. We will tell you what documents to provide and when to provide them.

All documents provided must be originals, up to date and valid.

If you do not fill in the application form properly it cannot be banded. We will ask you to provide additional information, either online or over the telephone. The date your application is accepted from will be the date the form is fully completed.

If you do not provide us with the information required your application may be accepted onto the housing register but will not be awarded any priority. Once the information is received your application will be assessed and placed in the appropriate band from the date the information was received. Read more about prioritising.

Who cannot use the service?

You cannot use this service if you have not completed an application form and been accepted onto the housing register.

There are also some people who will not by law be eligible to join the housing register. These are:

  • Certain people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act

  • Certain people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland

  • People (including members of their household) who have been guilty of unacceptable behaviour that makes them unsuitable to be a tenant.

For more detailed information contact the Home Choice Lincs Team or one of our partner Housing Associations.


Our website is packed with useful information to help you find you a suitable home. You can use this website to:

  • Search  for available properties
  • Apply for a property
  • View results of previous lettings

On the right hand side of this page is a panel with some helpful topics to get you started.

If you would like help to use Homechoicelincs please contact us


Some information on this site is in PDF format (Portable Document Format). To view these documents you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.

     (This link will open in a new window)
Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader     (This link will open in a new window)                                           Top